
Does Anybody Else Have This Problem?
I don’t know if this is a side effect of being a design student or if it is just one of my neurotic traits but I buy books because of their cover art. Now I’m not just talking about artsy books that have decorative covers but instead about memoirs or novels that I just like the cover art for. Basically all kinds of books. I would say 9 times out of 10 when I go to the bookstore and end up buying books is not because I know anything about the book but instead because I like the cover, now not all of them are things I would frame but instead some are merely appealing. Though don’t get me wrong I have very good results with this method and very rarely end up with something I don’t like. Now I know that they are trying to target a certain audience with the cover, but even with that in mind I am still impressed with how well picking a book out by it’s cover works for me. And I like all types of books…
2 comments:
i listen to bands with interesting names.
like
"say hi to your mom". lol
similar to your method on books. I have good results too!
you, my friend are a product of post-modernism. I always choose things that are different and unique (only i could understand it at times)art.
Reminds me of how we argue about music haha.
Big criticism of post-modernism is that its Chaotic!
Unclear! i agree on that most books are meant to be
C L E A R
but depending on the book and its content. Having expressive type amplifies its meaning, and hence will make you buy the book.
ok i dont know what i wrote. its pretty random.
i think that being a design student results in us analyzing things with a different perspective because of the knowledge we now have. i find myself taking apart designs and finding what works and what does not, sometimes i just surf Google looking for images because of characteristics i like and could use in future designs.
Post a Comment