Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Music is my Aeroplane



I decided this time to blog on one of my favorite forms of graphic design ever, the album cover. Since I was very young I distinctly remember the covers of many of my mom’s records, my all time favorite that I remember from when I was little (under 6) was The Rolling Stones, Let it Bleed. I was completely mesmerized by it; to this day it remains one of my top album covers ever. So I thought this would be an easy blog to write since I am very interested and enthusiastic about album artwork, however I have reached a problem I like far to may to list a picture of every single one so have compiled a collection of ones I like in no particular order and not necessarily my favorites, I would be interested to know other people’s all time favorite (not just from my list but any.)

4 comments:

Phillip Lee said...

i love the modest mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News.


inside cover is just as amazing!

i would show the image on this comment, but it didnt allow img tags.

Anonymous said...

In response to Phillip's comment about the Modest Mouse album artwork, it's because they're graphic designers.

B.Huitz said...

I mostly listen to Hip-Hop, some of the covers that I really like are: Ice Cube-Kill at Will (EP), Ice Cube-Death Certificate, Boogie Down Productions-By any means necessary, NWA-Efil4zaggin, and Ol' Dirty Bastard-Return to the 36 Chambers:Dirty Version.

Scarlet Juliette said...

I like the Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" but I really enjoy their artwork the most on "Machina/Machines of God" I particularly like the font used in Mellon Collie. Pretty alternative rock yet sensual at the same time.