
Ok I am absolutely no expert on this but I am quite fond of the design for Walk the Line, specifically the collector's edition. First off the design of the whole shebang works quite well with the actual movie, something which is quite important and something which I feel is often ignored. The color palate is quite striking and is made even more powerful by the fact that the designer used a limited number of colors, three main ones with two lessor colors. The design itself is very high in contrast and simplifies more complex forms. The cover design is repeated in part on the disc itself and the bonus disc has a guitar rendered in the same style. And the inside covers are a collage of faux old photos.
1 comment:
Hi Jane-
Yeah, I like that DVD packaging too...I have this love/hate relationship with the work of Shepard Fairey- the love part has to do with his mad skills to design really great commercial pieces in a very concise, edited, yet in a very cool and modern way, I mean, he's really good at updating things and kind of making them new again, you know?
Post a Comment